Friday, May 8, 2009

*She walks in Beauty.



While I was searching for one of my favourite poems, I came across a song version of the poem.
I found out the song was actually in the movie Vanity Fair. Has anyone seen it? What did you think? I have been meaning to read the book, the size just intimidates me, just like Anna Karenina. I'll get around to reading both, maybe summer reading?
Anyway the poem I was looking for was She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron. Has anyone read it? It is just perfect.


SHE walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

The song is by Sissel under the same name. The song is actually better than the poem, there is something that is so haunting but enchanting about it. It reminds me of Thumbelina. After listening to the song on repeat, I thought I would hunt for pictures that match on Flickr, that match this song. I don't know if I am just bad at searching or to picky but I could barely find anything. I after combing through style.com, I still couldn't find anything either. What do you think this girl would be wearing? I think maybe Erin Fetherston Fall 2008 collection or maybe Alexander McQueen?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a Temperley London gown? The poem IS lovely! I didn't really care for the film "Vanity Fair"- it felt a bit unsatisfying.

    ReplyDelete